- Function the organist and choirmaster on the 11am liturgy on Sundays
- Be expert in taking part in the organ
- Direct the Chancel Choir
- Lead one weekly choir rehearsal in the course of the Program Yr (from the Fall Kickoff in August till Pentecost, often in Might)
- Function the music director for the 9am liturgy on Sundays
- Be expert in taking part in the piano
- Lead rehearsal for 9 AM singers previous to the Sunday service
- Work with the rector to plan and choose hymns, songs and musical settings acceptable to the season that delight and problem singers at various ranges of skill
- Rent and oversee supplemental vocalists or musicians as wanted and because the funds permits
- Play at seasonal and competition providers, together with Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil, Holy Cross Day (Calvary’s feast day), St Francis Day and others as requested by the Rector
- Play for all weddings and funerals of the parish if requested and accessible for added compensation. If wanted, the director will determine, coordinate, rehearse and direct any further musicians or singers wanted for these providers.
The Director will present management and oversee Calvary’s music ministries. The Director will discern the character of music ministry on this distinctive place and develop annual targets and quarterly milestones that match into Calvary’s values and mission.
The Director might be lively and visual within the congregation in an effort to determine and invite parishioners of various ages and musical backgrounds to serve in music ministries, reaching out inside 48 hours when a newcomer expresses curiosity in music.
The Director will work with the normal and up to date singers to develop and strengthen their musical items, grow to be one collective voice of their respective teams, and navigate the strain between participation and efficiency inside worship.
The musical efficiency alternatives at Calvary present significant group and help to these concerned. The Director will empower this fellowship and supply religious help whereas ensuring these in music ministries stay engaged within the bigger lifetime of the parish.
III. Longer-Time period Neighborhood Objectives
- Over time, the Director will construct a community with the music group within the Bastrop & Austin space, which could embrace figuring out and scheduling musical performers for Live shows within the Courtyard
- Accomplice with Calvary Episcopal Faculty college students & Honor Choir members to sing on Sunday mornings once in a while
IV. Communications & Administration
- Present brief background about chosen music for Sunday bulletins and no less than month-to-month updates on music ministries and occasions for Calvary Scroll e-newsletter, web site and social media.
- Attend month-to-month workers conferences and worship planning periods
- Handle and oversee the music funds, making annual requests based mostly on the Music Ministry’s mission and targets for the approaching 12 months
- Guarantee compliance with copyright, licensing and reporting for in-person and livestreamed providers
- Present care and upkeep for parish musical devices