Whereas municipal amenities nonetheless aren’t internet hosting occasions, City workers have been coordinating with Southborough Entry Media to supply extra leisure and academic displays to the general public. Most are being aired on Constitution channel 191 and Verizon 38. Listed here are applications you may get pleasure from this month.
This fall, SAM and the Southborough Senior Heart continued among the month-to-month sequence that had been launched earlier this yr.
In September, “five-time Emmy award-winning historian” John Horrigan started recording month-to-month displays. This month’s function is:
Journey By The Previous: The Christmas Truce
Airing this month on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 1:00 pm. You may stream it through SAM’s Public Entry Channel web site here.
Folklorist John Horrigan talks a few stop hearth on Christmas Eve in 1914 as all alongside the Western Entrance the weapons fell silent. Enemies turned pals for a day by singing and fraternizing collectively, regardless of the reprimand from their commanders.
Final month, Horrigan introduced The Pilgrims: 400 Years After
Horrigan spoke in regards to the Pilgrims’ journey 400 years in the past by visiting the spots the place they first landed on Cape Cod and the seMlement at Plymouth Plantation. He additionally coated the Nice Dying, the First Thanksgiving and early conflicts such because the Wessagusset Bloodbath and the Nemasket Raid.
Over the summer time, Roger Tincknell started recording musical programs for the Senior Heart month-to-month. This month’s function is:
Senior Heart presents Roger Tincknell’s Vacation Sing-Alongside
This program is airing each day this month each day at 4:00 pm and Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 1:00 pm. You may stream it through SAM’s Public Entry Channel web site here.
A festive seasonal celebration which incorporates many beautiful conventional Christmas carols, spirituals, Chanukah songs, plus a wide range of acquainted seasonal singalongs. These embody favorites reminiscent of: Deck the Halls, Let it Snow, Silver Bells, Winter Wonderland, The Wassailing Music, Feliz Navidad, Jingle Bell Rock, The Holly and the Ivy, We Want You a Merry Christmas, Greensleeves and plenty of extra! Christmas and Seasonal Songs is carried out on a wide range of devices that will embody: guitar, banjo, mandolin, ukulele, Russian balalaika, harmonica, and Irish bodhran. Viewers participation might embody singing, dancing, and enjoying Latin percussion devices.
Final month, Tincknell entertained with Songs from People Music 60’s Revival (Pete Seeger to Peter, Paul and Mary)
This program consists of lots of the memorable conventional, authentic and topical people songs from the colourful American people music scene that prolonged from the late Fifties all through the1960ʹs. Songs types starting from conventional English ballads to worldwide people, traditional American folksongs to authentic topical, protest and love songs are included. Songs by well-known folksingers reminiscent of Burl Ives, Pete Seeger, Woody Guthrie, The Kingston Trio, Joan Baez, Judy Collins, OdeMa, Dave Van Ronk, Bob Dylan, Peter Paul and Mary, Harry Bellefonte, Phil Ochs, Donavan and others could also be heard.
The Southborough Library and SAM labored collectively to convey again a well-liked presenter in October.
Kim Larkin: Aromatherapy
Hearken to Kim speak in regards to the historical past and sensible makes use of for aromatherapy and important oils. Kim additionally talks about how you are able to do this for your self.
SAM has been persevering with to share Southborough Youth and Household Companies’ weekly chat present sequence. You’ll find the YouTube playlist here. To view this morning’s episode or watch the present dwell on Tuesdays at 10:00 am, go to the Facebook page.
Under is an inventory of all of the visitors/subjects the sequence has coated because it’s pilot this summer time:
- Visitor: Sara Michas of the Southborough Youth Fee
- Visitor: Melissa Clark, Founding father of Gender Sexuality Alliance (GSA) Hyperlink
- Visitor: Kim Ivers, Southborough Youngsters’s Librarian
- Visitor: Kerrie Toole, Director of Castlebrook Counseling Service
- Visitor: Tim Davis, Director of Southborough Recreation
- Visitor: Cindy Beard, Southborough Senior Heart’s Outreach Coordinator
- Visitor: Southborough Youth Council members
- Visitor: Sarah McNulty, Algonquin Regional Excessive Faculty’s Faculty Adjustment Counselor
- Focus: Jail Diversion Program with Southborough Police Chief Kenneth Paulhus & Jail Diversion Supervisor Sheena Mahoney
- Focus: SYFS’ Need Based Services
- Visitor: Donna Shea, Social-Emotional Studying Specialist
- Visitor: Devorah Heitner, creator of Screenwise
- Focus: Home violence with visitor Rachel Matos of Voices In opposition to Violence
- Visitor: Jon Mattleman, Psychological Well being Counselor specializing on coaching round teen/tween nervousness, suicide, and self hurt
- Visitor: Southborough resident Eileen Dawson, sharing her inspiring story of being identified with a psychological well being dysfunction
- Focus: Positive youth development with visitor Andrea Egmont, Director of Newburyport Youth Companies
- Focus: Arts & Crafts with Mandy Roberge, Proprietor of Depraved Good Henna
- Visitor: Dr. Safdar Medina, Pediatrician & NSBORO’s consulting doctor
- Focus: Coping Strategies
- Focus: Cooking with Sabine’s Cuisines
- Focus: Suicide Prevention
- Visitor: State Representative Carolyn Dykema
- Focus: Eating disorders with Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Suzie Allen & Dietitian Jody Fleshman
- Focus: Yoga with Christine Nelson
And, although not produced by a City company, SAM continues to supply the Frank & Mary in Southborough sequence with elder legislation lawyer Arthur Bergeron.
The sequence revolves round points that influence folks like “Frank & Mary” a fictional senior couple that need to dwell of their home till they die. Not solely have they continued to report the sequence, they launched a “pandemic” model over zoom. You’ll find these here.